Drew Young Scholarship
DallasHR proudly sponsors the annual Drew Young Student Scholarship Award. The scholarship is to encourage undergraduate and graduate students preparing for work in the field of Human Resource management. The winner receives a $2,000.00 cash award (made payable to their school) and complimentary registration to The HRSouthwest Conference. The winner of the award will be recognized at the DallasHR November Monthly Luncheon.
- A full time undergraduate student who has completed at least two years of study and is carrying a minimum of 12 semester credit hours, OR a full time graduate student who is carrying a minimum of 6 semester credit hours
- Carry an overall GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be continuing classes after December 2018
- A member of a SHRM student chapter during the current academic year
Decision is Based on Four Areas:
- Scholastic average and standing. An official transcript must be submitted.
- Participation in SHRM chapter affairs and programs. A recommendation letter from the chapter advisor attesting to the student's participation in chapter affairs is required.
- Participation in school programs. A recommendation letter from a school official verifying the student's participation in school programs. A letter from an HR internship employer may be submitted as well.
- A 100 word essay. A well written essay detailing what inspired the student to study in the field of HR.
The selection committee reserves the right to reject any applications that do not fit the prescribed guidelines. Further, the committee also reserves the right to not designate a winner if, in the judgment of the committee, no entry meets the standards set for the award. The winner will be recognized at the November DallasHR Luncheon Meeting.
To complete your application, you must complete the electronic application AND mail/email the following to DallasHR:
The deadline to submit for 2018 is May 15.
- an official college transcript for all course work
- two (2) letters of recommendation (One must be from the chapter advisor)
- a current resume
- A 100 word essay detailing what inspired you to study in the field of HR
Please Mail To:
Student Engagement Director
5001 LBJ Freeway Ste 800
Dallas, TX 75244
Contact the Student Engagement Director.