HR Strategic Tools Series
Fall Series - CANCELLED
Strategic human resource professionals help to create a competitive edge for their organizations by partnering with other business leaders. The HR Strategic Tools Series provides an interactive environment where you will learn the key skills for being a successful business partner. You will walk away with practical information to immediately implement in your own
Session One - The Strategic HR Role
The changing role of human resource professionals and strategic partnering skills. The following topics will be covered:
- The role of HR in organizations
- HR competencies
- Strategically aligning with key business partners
- Communicating with C-Level managers
Session Two - Contributing to the Strategic Plan
The steps and activities involved in strategic planning and applying organizational objectives to the HR strategic plan. The following topics will be covered:
- The strategic planning process
- Scanning the external environment and SWOT analysis
- Creating an HR effectiveness scorecard to contribute to the strategic plan
Session Three - Shaping Culture and Change
HR's contribution to leading organizational change and impacting culture. The following topics will be covered:
- Identifying corporate culture
- Participation in mergers and acquisitions
- A definition of change and a change agent
- Steps for implementing change
- HR's impact on organizational culture
Session Four - Developing a Business Case for HR Initiatives
Steps and techniques involved in developing a business case. The following topics will be covered:
- Draw a connection between organizational goals and strategic HR initiatives
- Utilize tools to successfully plan and lead a strategic HR initiative
- Create a budget and communication plan for key stakeholder
- Measure effectiveness of the HR initiative
What Attendees Are Saying...
- “Deborah Avrin makes learning fun while bringing a great deal of thought-provoking information."
- “Great class to take where you will learn key pieces to making you a successful business partner."
- "Good information on strategic management that has real world application. I will use these tools in my current role.”
- “I will highly recommend this program to others. Great presentation, very interactive.”
- “High value, worth the investment”
About the Speaker
Deborah Avrin, SPHR, brings over 18 years human resources and training experience to her consulting business. Prior to beginning her practice, Deborah held a variety of top-level HR leadership positions in both financial services and manufacturing. During her career, she has developed and delivered numerous training courses including: Leadership, Communication Skills, Presentation Skills, Performance Appraisal, Interviewing & Teambuilding. Her reputation is as a motivator with an inspiring training style that encourages others to excel.
Her educational background includes a BBA in Human Resources and a Masters Degree in Organizational Behavior. Deborah holds a lifetime Senior Professional in Human Resources certification and is an instructor for the SHRM Workshop for PHR/SPHR certification through the University of Dallas.
Payment is due with registration. No POs or requests for invoicing can be honored. Checks should be made payable and mailed (to be received no later than 5 days prior to the event) to:
5001 LBJ Fwy Ste 800
Dallas, TX 75244
214.631.4533 - Fax
IMPORTANT: Advance registrations are required. To receive cancellation credit, you must send your cancellation request in writing to DallasHR no later than 5 days prior to the start of the class. There will be no refund if cancellation is received within 5 days of the start of the class.