Diane McClendon Scholarship
The Diane McClendon Scholarship recognizes human resource professionals who have demonstrated a commitment to the field of HR through the pursuit of professional achievement and community outreach.
Diane McClendon Scholarship
DallasHR is dedicated to developing human resource professionals to better align their functions within their organizations with their company’s overall strategic goals. To that end, DallasHR created the Diane McClendon Scholarship, which recognizes human resource professionals who have demonstrated a commitment to the field of HR through the pursuit of professional achievement and community outreach. This award is designed to assist the recipient’s professional growth through education and networking opportunities afforded through DallasHR membership and attendance at The HRSouthwest Conference.
All eligible applicants will be reviewed by the Diane McClendon Scholarship selection committee consisting of members of our respective boards. The Committee will assess each nominee’s leadership development, contribution and professional involvement in the HR field.
The selected applicant will receive: one (1) complimentary one-year renewal of his/her DallasHR membership and one (1) complimentary full registration to The HRSouthwest Conference along with up to three (3) nights of complimentary lodging at an official Conference hotel during the year the award is granted.
The namesake of the scholarship, Diane McClendon, served as the executive director of DallasHR and The HRSouthwest Conference for 14 years, retiring in early 2016. The positive impact she has had on the organization left its mark…and all who worked alongside her are better people because of her leadership.
To access application you must sign in with your DallasHR username and password.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently working with minimum three (3) years of experience as a human resource practitioner
- Current member of DallasHR (at the time of submission and selection)
- Holds a current HRCI (PHR, SPHR or GPHR) or SHRM (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) certification
- Please note: current DallasHR and HRSWC board members are not eligible for this scholarship
As part of the online scholarship application, nominees will be asked for the following:
- A summary of nominee’s education, employment history and professional/volunteer activities.
- A 750-word professional statement. Statement should discuss how nominee has demonstrated commitment and leadership in the human resources profession through professional and educational initiatives.
- Two (2) professional and/or academic references.
Submissions for 2018 are no longer being accepted. Applications for 2019 will be open again Mid-March and will be open through August 1, 2019.
The scholarship recipient will be notified via phone by August 15. The scholarship has no cash value and is non-transferable. The one-year renewal will be applied at end of the recipient’s next scheduled renewal period. Recipient must be available to attend The HRSouthwest Conference in the year the scholarship is presented; it cannot be applied to future years.