Drew Young Scholarship
The Drew Young Student Scholarship was developed to encourage undergraduate and graduate students preparing for work in the field of human resource management. The winner receives a $2,000.00 cash award (made payable to their school) and complimentary registration to The HRSouthwest Conference.
Qualifications: You must be a member of a SHRM student chapter during the current academic year. A full time undergraduate student who has completed at least two years of study and is carrying a minimum of 12 semester credit hours, or a full time graduate student who is carrying a minimum of six semester credit hours. And, your overall GPA must be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and you are continuing classes after December. The decision is based on the following areas:
- Scholastic average and standing. An official transcript must be submitted.Participation in SHRM chapter affairs and programs. A recommendation letter from the chapter advisor attesting to the student's participation in chapter affairs is required.
- Participation in school programs. A recommendation letter from a school official verifying the student's participation in school programs. A letter from an HR internship employer may be submitted as well.
- A well written 100-word essay detailing what inspired you to study in the field of HR.The selection committee reserves the right to reject any applications that do not fit the prescribed guidelines.
- Further, the committee also reserves the right to not designate a winner if, in the judgment of the committee, no entry meets the standards set for the award.
Applications for 2019 are now being accepted. Deadline to apply is May 15, 2019.
To access the application you must sign in with your DallasHR username and password.
To be considered for the Drew Young Scholarship, you must complete the application in full AND mail/email the following to DallasHR, Student Engagement Director, 5001 LBJ Freeway, Suite 800, Dallas, TX 75244.
- An official college transcript for all course work
- Two letters of recommendation (One must be from the chapter advisor)
- A current resume
- A 100 word essay detailing what inspired your to study in the field of HR
Questions: contact the Student Engagement Director at firstname.lastname@example.org