February 1, 2018
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Career Support Networking and Strategy Session for the HR Community
What is an Elevator Pitch?
A 30-second speech that summarizes who you are, what you do and why you would be a perfect candidate.
You should be able to reel off your elevator pitch at any time, from a job interview to a cocktail party conversation or with someone who might be able to help you land a position..
- 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM: Introductions & Welcome
- 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM: Program
- 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM: Lead-sharing, best practices, and networking for attendees
About the Speaker
Learning and Development Specialist
At CyrusOne, Amanda provides support in the areas of learning and development for the empowerment of employees and for the alignment of strategic business goals. Her unique communication and training strategy supported the deployment of Workday HCM. Her design and deployment of technical and soft skills training ensured a first-class Summer Internship program. Her business acumen; organization and management conversion; capacity to build quality relationships based on mutual trust and respect; and her ability to achieve desired results are the key drivers of her success.
Prepare a rough draft of a 30-second Elevator Pitch. We will review 9 steps to create a unique elevator pitch that will allow you to fit in and stand out in your next interview. A 10-minute work session will allow you to apply your knowledge and skills in small groups.
Please bring the following:
- A rough draft of your Elevator Pitch
- Pen and paper/notebook
- Courage to share with others
Did You Know?
- The local HR community and DallasHR members are welcome to participate in the following resources to assist you in your job search.
- DallasHR membership - Our discounted annual rate of $50 for non-members or a one year complimentary renewal for current members who are unemployed. See "In-Transition Membership Plan" for details. Just by joining as a member you will instantly be connected with more than 2000 local HR professionals.
- Networking Events - Meet other professionals who may be able to help you identify or learn more about local organizations hiring. Networking events are held throughout Dallas and Collin Counties.
- Virtual Networking - Members of DallasHR can utilize the online member directory or the Member Forum through HRConnect to connect with one another. Members Only.
- Career Center - Search local HR jobs, upload your resume searchable by employers, and set up Job Alerts to optimize your chance of landing the perfect position.
- HR Education - Investing in yourself if key when searching for a new position. DallasHR offers various in-person or virtual learning programs throughout the year. Many are at no cost or very discounted pricing.