Generational Diversity Interactive Workshop
This program examines generation gaps and solutions for having better interactions with people belonging to five distinct cohorts. During this course, participants will consider a host of issues related to generational differences: whether conflict is personality driven or the product of birth group; the needs common to all people, regardless of age; how a generation is formed; where common ground is found; and how to adjust to people who have decidedly different expectations of the workplace.
This generational diversity course will:
• Provide participants with an overview of the five generations in the workplace.
• Highlight strategies for communicating with members of each group.
• Address common challenges multigenerational workplaces often face.
• Offer insight as to what’s coming next.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
• Identify the five generations in the workplace.
• Describe the factors that influence and help determine where one generation stops, and another begins.
• Explain the values and experiences common to each group’s members.
• Describe how the generational differences impact the modern workforce.
• Explain the strengths of each generation, their preferred communication styles, and their workplace expectations.
• Incorporate strategic best practices to work better with members of different generations.
About the Speaker
Mariana is an experienced trainer and gifted facilitator. She is passionate about creating strong organizations and helping leaders align their workplace behaviors with strategic goals, objectives, and values. Her human resources background includes work in performance management, employee engagement, and leadership development. Mariana’s warm style combined with her outcome-driven mindset make her a favorite of organizations that have specific challenges they need to tackle. She is known for bringing an individualized approach to transformation through coaching and executive advising, team building and facilitation, organizational development, and conflict management.